Tuesday 24 December 2013

Zingy Cotton Blankets

After weaving, fringing and selling many wool blankets lately, I needed a contrast. My big cotton blankets in bold twills have been fun to make as well as really popular, and another one just sold today in Ottawa. I decided last week to warp on wide stripes of interesting colours that Pat describes as "zingy." Here is the warp being threaded:


The blankets are the full loom width of 60" (152 cm) and the cotton is threaded again at 24 ends/inch. Total number of warp ends: 1,440. During the threading stage I play little mind games to get myself through the 5 or 6 hours it takes, and then there's still the next two steps of sleying the reed and tying on the warp.

Here's the first blanket underway:




I'm keen to continue weaving through the upcoming holidays!

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment