Friday 1 March 2013

Bright Memories Blankets

I'm almost halfway through weaving eight bright Memories Blankets. They're 127 cm (50") wide on the loom and I'm weaving them about 1.7 m long. They are 100% cotton, and they machine wash and dry well and last for a long time.


The interesting thing about this weave structure, which is a type of waffle weave, is how the cells pull together  during washing. They are barely visible when the cloth is still on the loom, but the washing is rather magic.


The next blanket has wider stripes of dark purple and dark blue separated by narrower stripes of lime green. It's a nice combination.


I posted one of these Memories Blankets photos last night on my Facebook page, and I really appreciate the nice comments I've received. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment