Friday 11 January 2013

24 Towels

I've just finished another big towel project. It was initiated by a commission for four towels to go to Ottawa. I worked with the designer to select colours that matched her newly painted kitchen through email and colour samples, which was fun to do together. She wanted the same weave structure, complex twills, as she'd seen in other towels but in "her" colours.  I ordered the yarns and wove her four towels ... and 20 more.

I won't show the commission towels until they're received and approved ... but for now, here are samples of the others.





I used two dyelots of olive green: the lighter shade worked really well with the light grey, and the darker version was perfect with the medium green that is a lovely verdant shade. I first wove with various combinations of the warp colours and then began using yellow, Tuscan gold, and a few shades of mauve and purple. The towels looked great on the loom but even better when washed and pressed.

Thank you to SK for the inspiration for this project. I'll reveal her towels later.

No comments:

Post a Comment